11: Building and Growing a Software Service Business with Michael Dominick
Harris and Shawn interview programming expert, Michael Dominick. Mike shares how he operates his business, The Mad Botter, an automation development company focused on making distributed teams and remote work more efficient.
In this episode of the Hello Blink Show, Harris and Shawn interview engineering and programming expert, Michael Dominick. Mike shares his insights on how he operates his business, The Mad Botter, an automation development company focused on making distributed teams and remote work more efficient.
- 8:03 — Mike: “I would say the government is like the biggest, most bureaucratic enterprise customer you could possibly have, but there are advantages.”
- 0:59: Harris opens the show and asks Michael about the foundation for his company, The Mad Botter.
- 2:35: Harris asks Michael about the customer types he serves.
- 3:27: Shawn inquires with Michael about the comparison in business development with military and civilian operations. The two discuss the pros and cons of government contracting and why smaller entities partner with larger institutions.
- 11:20: Mike advises that niche, proof of concept job proposals are the most widely available and act as a good source for referral opportunities.
- 13:28: Shawn asks Michael and Harris if they have experienced backlash from working with government contractors.
- 16:27: Michael describes his product offering Rabbot Automation as a service solution for data analysis among open source platforms. He also discusses his reason as to why he and his team developed Rabbot Automation.
- 20:57: Michael talks about his niche audience and how he pivoted his inbound marketing strategy.
- 24:56: Michael shares why Twitter is his favorite platform for business opportunities.
- 29:07: Michael, Shawn, and Harris share their thoughts on using Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. They note how their content creation differs in response from audiences in each medium.
- 36:53: Harris asks Michael his experience with how his business has dealt with working with these types of platforms in delivering their product services.
- 39:50: Michael shares why Apple is the most difficult developer platform to work with.
- 44:54: Michael explains how he monetizes from an open source platform.
- 46:20: Shawn asks Michael why he chooses to use close source applications but offers open source as a library for his audience.
- 51:22: Harris wraps up the show, and Michael shares his contact information.
Michael is the founder & CEO of The Mad Botter, a software development and consulting company in FL that focuses on software for aviation, aerospace and the agricultural market. He was also the host of Coder Radio on Jupiter Broadcasting for 7 years.
Twitter - Michael Dominick
Twitter - The Mike Dominick Show
LinkedIn - Shawn Hymel
LinkedIn - Harris Kenny
Twitter - Shawn Hymel
Twitter - Harris Kenny
“Hello Blink Show” by Kenny Consulting Group, LLC and Skal Risa, LLC is licensed under CC BY 4.0
Intro and outro song is “Routine” by Amine Maxwell is licensed under CC BY 3.0
Get new episodes sent to your inbox.